Frequently Asked Questions about Wimbledon tennis and debenture tickets
Frequently asked questions about The Championships, Wimbledon
Wimbledon Debenture tickets for Centre and No. 1 Court in 2022
- When will I receive my tickets?
- All tickets will be distributed electronically via the Official Wimbledon Mobile Apps, available for on iOS and Android smartphones, in advance of The Championships, in June. These tickets will enable entry into the Grounds, show Courts and Debenture Lounge facilities.
- Can I specify exact seat locations?
- The exact seat locations become available when the tickets are distributed by the All England Lawn Tennis Ground, at the end of May, just a few weeks preceding the Championships. This is the same for all companies offering Centre and No. 1 Court debenture seats, and for all Wimbledon Centre and No. 1 Court debenture holders.
The seats are guaranteed to be in the first 13 rows of the elevated stand around Centre Court (ie. all debenture seats are in excellent positions); or the first 15 rows of the elevated stand around No. 1 Court.
As we have access to many debenture seats on each day of the Championships, we can often provide seats in or close to favoured positions (for example, behind the server, or on one of the sides of the Court etc).
Please specify your preferred location/staircases around the Centre or No. 1 Court when ordering your Wimbledon tickets, and we will do our best to allocate you seats in or close to your preferred location.
- Do you sell ground passes or any other Wimbledon seats?
- We only sell Centre and No. 1 Court Debenture tickets for Wimbledon.
For information on Public Ballot tickets, LTA Ballot tickets, ground passes, queuing on the day and other entrance tickets to Wimbledon, please refer to the official Wimbledon website: https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/tickets/index.html
- What exactly are 'Debenture' seats?
- A series of Centre (and No. 1 Court) 'Debentures' are issued each five years by the AELTC. In return for a nominal loan and premium debenture holders are entitled to an excellent seat on Centre/No. 1 Court (currently in the first 13/15 rows of the elevated stand around the Centre/No. 1 Court), for each day of the Championships, for 5 years (the duration of the series). The money raised by the issue of the debenture series, is used by the AELTC to improve the grounds and facilities for everyone at Wimbledon. For example, money raised from the issue of the 2021-25 Centre Court debenture series will fund (amongst other things) the redevelopment of the adjacent Golf Club - "The AELTC Wimbledon Park Project" - in order to expand the facilites and footprint of The Grounds, almost doubling the area in which the club currently stands.
- How can I apply for Public Ballot tickets for Wimbledon?
- Send an SAE (stamped addressed envelope) to:
AELTG, PO BOX 98, Church Road, Wimbledon, SW19 5AE. Applications for the Ballot form must be received by the AELTG by mid-December, and the form itself must be returned by the end of December in the year that preceeds the Championships. For further details, please refer to the official https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/tickets/index.html web site.
- Can I reserve a single Wimbledon seat, or an odd number of Wimbledon seats?
- As Wimbledon debenture tickets are normally supplied in multiples of two, in cases where an order is placed for an odd number of Centre Court debenture tickets (eg. a single seat, or three seats together, etc.) TennisBoxOffice.com reserves the right to make a surcharge if left with a single Wimbledon debenture ticket, which is difficult to sell. This surcharge will be no more than 25 per cent of the original single ticket price as advertised on this website, at the date that the booking is made. We will do everything we can to sell the other single seat, and advise you when/if the extra seat(s) are sold.
- What is the Dress Code for Centre Court debenture ticket holders?
- The dress code for admittance into the Debenture Lounge is 'smart casual'. In particular, no jeans, shorts, collarless shirts or trainers (sneakers) are acceptable
- How can I obtain a Debenture Car Park pass?
- Debenture Car park passes, for Car Park 8 (situated on Church Road, next to the Debenture Holders' entrance, Gate 4) can be purchased, for approximately £30 per car, per day. We can only obtain Debenture Parking passes if they are purchased before the end of March preceding the Wimbledon Championships, and preferably, at the same time that your Wimbledon tickets are purchased.
- Do you offer hotel accommodation or flights with your Wimbledon tickets?
- We do not offer complete packages or airline flight with Centre or No. 1 Court tickets, although we can advise customers about hotels and accommodation in Central London and the Wimbledon area
Please refer back to the FAQ page from time to time, as we intend to update and improve it as more questions are asked and answered!
Your debenture seats will be adjacent. Up to 8 Centre Court Debenture seats can be supplied in a row. Centre Court Wimbledon tickets from TennisBoxOffice are favourably price-checked with other Wimbledon tennis ticket brokers, who offer similar debenture tickets to Wimbledon. We are one of few brokers able to offer seating in blocks for groups.